International Commission for Historical Demography
Affiliated Organization of the ICHS
The International Committee for Historical Demography (ICHD) is an association of members of different nationalities, whose aim is to encourage the study of the history of population and of human society in general, and to further scientific exchange between researchers.
The ICHD takes an interest in initiatives aiming at the development, the diffusion and the teaching of the science of historical demography.
On this website you will find more information about ICHD and its activities.
For questions on the ICHD or on this website please go to the contact page.
- EHPS-Net International Summer School in Historical Demography - Introductory course, Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 31 May - 9 June 2013
- Call for papers for the International workshop 'Family crises and social change in comparative perspective, 18th-19th centuries', 22 June 2013, in Albacete/Casas Ibáñez (Spain). See call and poster.
- Call for Papers for the Family and Demography Network of the Social Science History Association. The Social Science History Association has its 38th Annual Meeting in Chicago, November 21-24, 2013.
- Seminar 'Le parrainage en Europe et en Amérique. Pratiques de longue durée, XVIe-XXIe siècle', 6-7 December 2012, Paris-Sorbonne. Programme (in French).
- Call for papers for the session on 'Indirect estimation of age: applications in paleo-, medieval and contemporary demography' during the next International Population Conference in Busan, South Korea, 26-31 August 2013. You are invited to submit an abstract, for a communication or a poster, to present your recent researches on this topic. The deadline to submit an abstract is 15 October 2012, and submissions are permitted in English and French.
The ICHD is generously sponsored by the following organisations.